Great combination of flavors
- 16 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- ½ cup Olive oil
- 2 medium onion, diced
- 1 stick butter
- 6 (approx. 15oz. each) cans corn, drained
- 4 (15oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1Tbsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 (16oz) jar salsa, chunky style
- 3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 cups cooked rice (4 cups raw)
- Combine cumin, chili powder, garlic, pepper and salt.
- Sprinkle chicken breast with seasoning mixture, set aside in refrigerator.
- Saute onions in butter until translucent add remaining seasoning mixture, cook 2 minutes. Add corn, beans and 1/2 cup of salsa. Cover and let simmer while cooking chicken.
- Saute chicken breast in olive oil, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Option #1 Place chicken on top of corn/bean mixture, pour remaining salsa over chicken, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove lid, top with cheese, cover simmer 2-3 minutes or until cheese melted. Serve over rice
- Option # 2 Place corn/bean mixture in a casserole dish, place chicken over beans,. pour remaining salsa over chicken, cover bake for 20 minutes. Remove lid, top with cheese, cover bake for 15 minutes. Serve over rice
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/