Twice Baked Potato Casserole "Feeding The Multitudes"
This is very popular at my church, they would eat it every time I cooked.
- Red skin potatoes, ½ inch diced, un-peeled 10 Lbs
- Milk 2 cups
- Cheese, shredded cheddar 5 cups
- (save 2 cups cheese for topping)
- Bacon, diced, cooked 1-(12 oz)
- (save ¼ cup for topping)
- Butter ½ stick
- Sour cream 3 cups
- Salt (estimate) 3 Tbsp, 1 tsp
- Pepper (estimate) 1 Tbsp, 1 tsp
- Place potatoes in a pot of water add salt and pepper, Boil until tender.
- Cook bacon, until crispy, place bacon on paper towel, save bacon grease.
- Combine milk, sour cream, cheese, melted butter, salt and pepper.
- When the potatoes are tender, reserve 3 cups of potato water, drain potatoes; place hot potatoes in a 4 inch full pan.
- Coarsely potatoes with a potato masher. Drizzle bacon grease over potatoes; sprinkle bacon over potatoes.
- Pour the milk mixture over potatoes, gently mix well. If potatoes are to thick add additional milk or reserved potato water (if needed). Taste, adjust seasonings as needed.
- Whip down sides; garnish with cheese and bacon.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 300F.
- Don't make to watery, you want this the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Does not freeze at all!
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/