Panna Cotta w/ Fresh Berries
Refreshing Italian dessert!
- Butter 1 Tbsp.
- Unflavored Gelatin ¾ Tbsp.
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Heavy Cream ½ cup
- Granulated Sugar ¼ cup
- Vanilla Extract 2 tsp.
- Assorted Berries 1 cup.
- Granulated sugar 1 tbsp.
- Water 2 tbsp.
- Cornstarch ¼ tsp.
- Lightly butter the inside of 4 -` 6 oz. ramekins
- Sprinkle gelatin over ¼ cup of milk. Let stand 3 to 4 minutes until soft.
- Heat remaining milk, cream, sugar and vanilla over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until simmering, about 5 minutes; remove from heat.
- Combine softened gelatin with hot milk mixture; stir to completely dissolved, 1 minute. Strain through fine china cap.
- Fill ramekins, cover with plastic wrap, chill until set.
- To unmold, fill a shallow pan with ½-inch very hot water. One at a time, place ramekins in the hot water 15 seconds. Remove from water and dry outside of ramekins. Press the panna cotta around the edges to loosen and invert on to the center of 4 plates.
- Combine second sugar, water and cornstarch, stir well, cook on stove until thickened or in the microwave in until thickened.
- Scatter berries around panna cotta and serve.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/