Sweet Potato Cake
A very moist and flavorful cake.
- Sweet potatoes, cooked, fresh 16 oz.
- Brown sugar 2 cups
- Eggs 3 ea
- Orange juice 1/2 cup
- Vegetable oil 3/4 cup
- Flour, A.P. 3 cups
- Allspice 1-1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon 1-1/2 tsp
- Baking soda 1-1/2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Cream cheese, softened 8 oz ( 1-8 oz packs)
- Salted butter, softened 1/2 cup
- Fresh lemon juice 1 tbsp. (about 1 large lemon)
- Pure vanilla extract 2 tsp
- Confectioners' sugar 3 cups
- Combine the first five ingredients, mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients, add to sweet potato mixture. Mix only until well blended.
- Divide the batter between 3 - 8 inch round baking pans, (pan-greased)
- Bake at 350°F. for 15-18 minutes, or until firm in the center.
- Let cool 10 minutes, flip out on a cooling rack, chill until ready to ice.
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth add lemon juice and vanilla; beat until combined. Add sugar gradually, mixing on low until smooth.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/