Easy Homemade Blueberry Sauce
This easy blueberry sauce is made with fresh blueberries, sugar, vanilla, and corn starch. Thick, sweet, and perfect for topping pancakes, cakes and ice cream.
- 3 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved into 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Place 1 1/2 cups blueberries in a small saucepan. Cover with water and add sugar and vanilla. Heat over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a low boil and blueberries just start to break apart.
- Add dissolved cornstarch to saucepan and bring mixture to a rolling boil. Turn heat down and simmer on low heat for 2-3 minutes, or until sauce reaches desired consistency. Add water, one tablespoon at a time, if the sauce gets too thick.
- Remove from heat. Add remaining blueberries and stir gently. Serve warm or cold.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/