It's a Hit!
- Macaroni noodles 8 oz
- Water, boiling 2 qts
- Salt 3/4 tsp.
- Vegetable oil (optional) 1 tbsp
- Butter 1-1/2 Tbsp.
- Flour, A.P. 1-1/2 Tbsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp.
- Pepper black 1/8 tsp.
- Milk 2 cups
- Cheese, extra sharp, shredded, cheddar 12 oz
- Sausage mixture
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 8 oz Jimmy Deans sausage
- 1-1/2 cups parboiled rice
- 1-1/2 tsp. Chef Dave’s “Rub It On” Dry Rub
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro or parsley flakes
- Add salt, oil and noodles to boiling water. Cook for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a 2 qt sauce pan. Add flour, salt, pepper and dry mustard to melted butter, stirring well, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add milk to the flour-butter mixture slowly, stirring constantly with a wire whip. Cook until thick.
- Add cheese to sauce, saving out a 1 cup. Stir until cheese melts. Add the drained macaroni noodles and sausage mixture, mix carefully. Preheat oven to 350 ° F
- Place in 9 x 9 baking dish, sprinkle the ½ cup cheese over top, bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly brown on top
- Preparing the dirty sausage
- Melt butter, sauté onions until translucent.
- Add sausage, cook until the red color in the meat is gone.
- Add the dry rub and parsley flakes, stir well.
- Take off heat.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/