Spaghetti sauce "feeding The Multitudes"
Great flavor! freezes well.
- Ground beef 80/20 4 lbs
- Onions, fresh, diced 1 lbs
- Butter or margarine 4 oz
- Garlic, granulated or powder 6 tbsp
- Oregano 1-1/2 tsp
- Basil 5 tbsp
- Salt 1 tbsp, 1 tsp
- Black pepper 2 tsp
- Water 1 cup
- Whole peeled(crushed) or crushed 1- #10 can
- Tomato sauce 1 -#10 can
- Water (as needed) 4 cups
- Brown of ground beef, drain of grease.
- In a separate pan, saute onions in butter until translucent.
- Add spices and onions mixture to the beef, stir and let cook 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and crush tomatoes to onion mixture, add water as needed, simmer 1-2 hours.
- Taste, adjust seasonings if needed.
- Can omit ground beef. Replace with precooked meatballs after the sauce is finished.