The most popular side dish in culinary cooking!
- Onions, diced 1 medium
- Butter 6 Tbsp
- Rice, par boiled, raw 4-1/2 cup
- Basil leaves 1/2 tsp
- Thyme 1/4 tsp
- Granulated garlic 1 tsp
- Black pepper 1/4 tsp
- Hot water 9 cups
- Chicken base ½ cup, 1 Tbsp
- Saute onions in butter until translucent.
- Add to sauteed onions, cook until some of the rice browns. Remove from heat.
- Combine chicken stock with rice. Place in a pan, cover with a tight lid. Cook at 350 F for 30 minutes. Or bring to a boil in sauce pan, cover with a tight lid, move to a cold burner, let stand 30 minutes, don’t lift cover.
- you will need a 4 inch, ½ pan or large pot with a tight lid