Mac & Cheese
Raise your hand if you don't like mac & cheese, That's what I thought!
- Macaroni noodles 1-1/2 lbs
- Water, boiling 5 qts
- Salt 1-1/2 tsp
- Vegetable oil (optional) 1 tbsp
- Butter 4-1/2 tbsp
- Flour, A.P. ¼ cup
- Salt 1-½ tsp
- Pepper black 1/2 tsp
- Dry mustard 3/4 tsp
- Worcestershire sauce 2 tsp
- Milk 2 cups
- Cheese, extra sharp, shredded, cheddar 1-1/2 lb
- Add salt, oil and noodles to boiling water. Cook for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Over medium heat, melt butter in a 2 qt sauce pan. Add flour, salt, pepper and dry mustard to melted butter, stirring well, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add milk and Worcestershire to the flour-butter mixture slowly, stirring constantly with a wire whip. Cook until thick.
- Add cheese to sauce, saving out a ½ cup. Stir until cheese melts. Add the drained macaroni noodles and mix carefully. Preheat oven to 350 F
- Place in 9 x 11 x2 aluminum pan or large baking dish, sprinkle the ½ cup cheese over top, bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly brown on top
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/