Easy Chicken & Mushroom Casserole
Easy Casserole to make, Great flavor!
- 1-1/2 lbs Ziti, Mostaccioli or other medium pasta shape, uncooked
- 6 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1-1/2 lbs ounces mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 5 cups skim milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 9 - 5-6 oz raw chicken breast, cubed into 1 inch pieces
- ¾ tsp each salt, pepper and granulated garlic ( for chicken)
- 6 Tbsp .Olive oil
- 1 2-ounce jar pimentos, drained and sliced
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, heat skillet to medium high heat, add olive oil ,add chicken to skillet and add the salt, pepper and garlic. Cook 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is browned. Remove from pan.
- Melt 1 Tbsp. margarine in skillet. Add mushrooms and sauté 2 to 3 minutes. Drain off any liquid and set mushrooms aside.
- Place the remaining margarine in the skillet and melt over medium-low heat. With a wire whisk, stir in flour. Gradually add the Dijon mustard, milk and salt, stirring constantly until mixture boils and thickens. Once thickened, stir in mushrooms and remove from heat.
- When pasta is done, drain well. Return pasta to the pot and add chicken, mushroom mixture, pimentos, cheese and pepper. Combine all ingredients together and transfer to a 2-quart casserole dish. Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/