This side dish goes with many entree's
- Onions, diced 1 large
- Peppers, green, diced 1 large
- Butter ½ cup
- Cajun spice 1 tsp
- Granulated garlic 2 tsp
- Liquid smoke 1 tsp
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Chili powder 2 tsp
- Ground red pepper 1 tsp
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Chicken or beef base 1 Tbsp, 1 tsp
- Smoked sausage 1 lb
- Rice, parboiled, raw 4 cup
- Water 8 cups
- 1. Saute onions and peppers in butter for about 5 minutes.
- 2. Add spices to sautéed onions and pepper. Cook about one minute.
- 3. Cut sausage into ½ inch slices, add to onion & spice mixture. Saute for 4-5 minutes.
- 4. Add rice to mixture; stir well for 2-3 minutes. Add water, bring to a boil; stir; place on a tight fitting lid. Reduce heat to low. Let cook for 18-20 minutes.
- Holds well, make ahead and reheat.
- • Cook in a 4 inch ½ pan or in a 1-1/2 gal pot
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/