This is a crowd pleaser!
- Beef , Top round steak 4-1/2 lbs
- Olive oil or veg oil 3 tbsp
- Onions, diced 1" x 1" 6 cups
- Black pepper 1-½ tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Thyme 1/2 tsp
- Garlic, granulated ¼ cup
- Water, hot 4-1/2 cups
- Beef base 6 tbsp
- Flour, A.P. 6 tbsp
- Water, cold 1-1/2 cup
- Worcestershire sauce 3 tbsp
- Mushrooms, fresh, sliced 4-1/2 cups
- Butter 3 tbsp
- Saute beef in shortening using a sauce pot(that has a tight lid).
- Add onions and seasoning, cook about 5 minutes.
- Add beef base to hot water, mix well, add to beef. Simmer for 40 -45 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Mix flour water and Worcestershire sauce together until smooth. Add to beef while stirring and cook until thickened.
- Saute mushrooms in butter, set aside for later.
- In a one quart bowl temper sour cream , add to beef dish, add mushrooms.
- Simmer 5 minutes, DO NOT BOIL.
- Serve over garlic egg noodles, plain noodles or rice.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/