White Texas Sheet Cake
Make this cake a day ahead and take it to a picnic or a pot luck!
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a large saucepan, bring 1 cup butter or margarine and water to a boil. Remove from heat, and stir in flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, 1 teaspoon almond extract, and baking soda until smooth. Pour batter into a greased 10 x 15 x 1 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 20 to 22 minutes, or until cake is golden brown and tests done. Cool for 20 minutes.
- Combine 1/2 cup butter or margarine and milk in a saucepan; bring
- to a boil. Remove from heat. Mix in sugar and 1/2 teaspoon almond
- extract. Stir in pecans. Spread frosting over warm cake.
- Makes 1 - 10 x 15 x 1 inch sheet cake
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/