White Chocolate-Raspberry Cheesecake
I love the flavor of raspberries!
- 1 box (9 ounces) chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 1/4 pounds (four and a half 8-ounce packages) cream cheese, at room temperature
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped, melted and cooled
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Place a shallow pan on the bottom rack of the oven and half-fill it with water. Line the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor or blender, process the cookies to fine crumbs, about 1 minute. Remove to a bowl and add the melted butter. Mix until well combined. Press the crumb mixture evenly onto the bottom of the lined pan. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, lemon zest, and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium speed, stopping to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl a few times, until smooth and creamy, about 8 minutes. Add the melted white chocolate and blend for 1 minute. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until well incorporated. Add the cream and vanilla. Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the raspberries by hand.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust. Set the cheesecake on a baking sheet and place on the middle rack of the oven. Bake until the cake is set and pulls away for the side of the pan, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Turn off the heat (do not open the door). Leave the cheesecake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Remove to a rack and let cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/