White Chili w/ chicken
This is a tomato-less chili, You got to give this one a try!
- Onion, diced 1/2 cup
- Butter 2 Tbsp
- Bnls, sknls, chicken breast, raw 1 lb
- (cut in ½ inch cubes)
- Cumin, grounded 1 tsp
- Garlic, granulated 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Chicken base 1 Tbsp
- Water 2 cups
- Navy beans, drained & rinsed 2-12-14 oz cans
- Cornstarch 3 tbsp
- Water, cold 1/2 cup
- . Saute onions, about 3-4 minutes. Add chicken meat, cook until meat is done 4-5 minutes.
- . Add spices, stir well, add water, scrap bottom of pot to loosen any stuck on food.
- Add beans, bring to a high simmer, reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch & water well, add to soup. Let simmer 5 minutes.
- Can be prepared in the crook pot, several hours ahead, add 1 extra cup of water . Holds well in refrigerator or freezer.
- A 16 oz can of chicken broth may be substituted for the chicken base and water in this recipe.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/