Rotisserie Style Turkey
You will love the fresh roasted flavor!
- Whole turkey, washed 10-12 lbs 1 ea
- Liquid smoke 1/4 cup
- Butter or Margarine 1/4 cup
- Salt 1 Tbsp
- Black pepper 1 Tbsp
- Chili powder 1 Tbsp
- Brown sugar 1-1/2 cups
- Rub turkey with smoke thoroughly, making sure all areas are covered.
- Rub chicken with butter thoroughly, making sure all areas are covered.
- Combine the salt, pepper, chili powder and brown sugar together until well blended.
- Rub turkey with spice mixture thoroughly, making sure all areas of the chicken are covered.
- Place in 2 inch baking pan, DO NOT ADD WATER TO PAN, refrigerate for 3 hours to overnight. Drain any liquid that accumulates.
- Bake at 325 F for 1 hour for every 4 lbs of weight. Check for doneness.
- Let stand for 15 to 20 minutes before carving. Enjoy
- You can cook this turkey on a regular grill at medium to medium low heat, check every hour, making sure that its not browning to fast. If browning to fast cover turkey with foil.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/