Classic Crisco Pie Crust
A fool-proof pie crust, made by millions
- SINGLE CRUST
- 1 1/3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 stick well-chilled Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1/2 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3 to 6 tablespoons ice cold water
- DOUBLE CRUST
- 2 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 stick well-chilled Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 3/4 cup well-chilled Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 4 to 8 tablespoons ice cold water
- DEEP DISH DOUBLE CRUST
- 2 2/3 cups Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick well-chilled Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- OR 1 cup well-chilled Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening
- 6 to 10 tablespoons ice cold water
- BLEND flour and salt in large bowl. Cut shortening into flour mixture using pastry blender or fork. Stir in just enough water with fork until dough holds together.
- Test dough for proper moistness by squeezing a marble-sized ball of dough in your hand. If it holds together firmly, do not add any additional water. If the dough crumbles, add more water by the tablespoonful, until dough is moist enough to form a smooth ball when pressed together.
- SHAPE dough into a ball for single pie crust. Divide dough in two for double crust. Flatten ball(s) into 1/2-inch thick round disk(s).
- For ease in rolling, wrap dough in plastic wrap. Chill for 30 minutes or up to 2 days.
- ROLL dough (larger ball of dough for double crust pie) from center outward into a circle 2-inches wider than pie plate on lightly floured surface for the bottom crust. Transfer dough to pie plate.
- For a SINGLE pie crust, trim edges of dough leaving a