Pumpkin Pecan Cake
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 50)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) solid pack pumpkin
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine softened
- 4 eggs
Filling and Topping
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- In a mixing bowl on medium speed, beat the wafers, pecans and butter until crumbly
- about 1 minute. Press into three greased and floured 9 inch round cake pans.
- In another mixing bowl, beat cake mix, pumpkin, butter and eggs for 3 minutes. Spread over crust in each pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes; remove to wire racks and cool completely.
- Combine butter and cream cheese in a small mixer bowl. Add sugar and vanilla,
- beat on medium until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Thinly spread between layers (crumb side down) and on the sides of cake. Spread caramel topping over top of cake, allowing
- some to drip down the sides. Store in refrigerator.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/