Pig Pickin Cake
his is a popular cake made in the eastern NC area when they have a pig pickin. A pig pickin is grilling a whole pig laid out flat on a grill.
- 1- 18 ounce yellow cake mix
- 11-ounce can mandarin oranges with juice
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 9-ounce carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, with juice
- 3.4 ounce (4-servings) box instant vanilla pudding
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour three 9-inch cake pans.
- In mixing bowl, combine cake mix, mandarin oranges, mandarin orange juice, eggs and oil. Beat for 2 minutes with electric mixer. Pour into pans and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes, turn out of pans and finish cooling on wire racks.
- In a mixing bowl, combine whipped topping, pineapple, juice from can and vanilla pudding mix.
- Frost between layers and on top of cake.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/