New York Cheesecake
Top it with cherries, strawberries, peaches, I'll let you make the call !
- Graham Cracker crumbs 1 cup
- (store bought works well also)
- Sugar 3 tablespoons
- Butter or margarine, melted 3 tablespoons
- Cream Cheese, softened 5 packages (8 oz each)
- Sugar 1 cup
- A. P. flour 3 tablespoons
- Vanilla 1 tablespoon
- Eggs 3 each
- Sour cream 1 cup
- Cherry pie filling 1 can (21 oz)
- Mix crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch spring form pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, flour and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition, just until blended. Blend in sour cream. Pour over crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then lower the oven temperature to 250 degrees F, bake for about 1 hour and 5 minutes or until center is almost set. Run a small knife around the rim of the pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim of pan. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Top with Cherry pie filling.
Other serving suggestions
- Cut up fresh strawberries and arrange them on each slice of cheesecake, then glaze with Strawberry Preserve
- Using a milk or dark chocolate bar (Ghiradelli works well,) shave off chocolate curls, using a knife. Arrange them on top of each slice of cheesecake.
- Tips: To cut perfect cheesecake slices, use a wet knife.
- This will stay fresh up to 3 days in refrigerator and 1 week in freezer. Cover with plastic wrap or a cake box with a lid.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/