These cookie bars are extremely rich so treat them like candy and cut the serving size accordingly.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick or 1/4 pound) butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1-1/2 cups crispy rice cereal, lightly crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9 by 13-inch baking pan with non-stick foil.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing until combined.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together flour, cashews, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients into egg mixture, stirring to combine. Pour into baking pan and smooth into an even layer.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until tests done with a toothpick inserted in the center. Evenly distribute miniature marshmallows on top of hot baked layer. Bake an additional 2 minutes until marshmallows puff up, but do not brown. Cool bars to room temperature.
- Melt peanut butter and chocolate chips in the top of a double boiler over simmering water, stirring until smooth. Fold in crispy rice cereal. Spread topping over cooled chocolate bars. Chill until firm. Cut into bars. Keep chilled until time to serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/