Serve with fresh whipped or a lemon sauce!
- Flour, A.P., sifted 2-3/4 cup
- Baking soda 1 tsp.
- Salt 1 tsp.
- Baking powder 2 tsp.
- Ginger, ground 1 tsp.
- Cinnamon, ground 1 tsp.
- Egg, beaten 1 each
- Vegetable oil 1 cup
- Honey 3/4 cup
- Sugar, granulated 3/4 cup
- Buttermilk 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease well and set aside one 13 x 9 inch pan.
- sift flour, soda, salt, baking powder, sugar and spices together. Cream eggs and oil together. Add honey in a fine stream, beating constantly.
- Add sifted flour alternately with buttermilk, beat until smooth after each addition.
- Pour batter into cake pan, bake for 30-40 minutes or until cake test done. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Top with freshly make whipping cream or lemon sauce.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/