Honey Ginger Beef Pot Roast
This dish has a rich gravy made from the braised liquid.
- Beef rump roast or chuck roast 2-4 lbs
- Olive oil 2 Tbsp (twice)
- Carrots, fresh, sliced 1/4 cup
- Onions, fresh, 3/4 inch dice 1 cup
- Ground ginger 1-1/2 tsp
- Granulated garlic 1-1/2 tsp
- Beef stock 2 cups
- Salt 1-1/2 tsp
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Red wine vinegar 2 Tbsp
- Honey 1/4 cup
- Water, cold 1/2 cup
- Flour, AP 1/2 cup
- Sprinkle both sides of the roast with salt and pepper. Heat a saute pan to a medium heat.
- Add 2 Tbsp olive oil, sear all sides of the roast.
- Remove roast, place in a casserole dish. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil to the saute pan ,
- add carrots and onions, stir for 1 minute.
- Add the spices, stir well. Add the beef base, scrap the bottom of the pan to loosen
- all the flavoring stuck on the bottom. Bring to a boil.
- Pour liquid over roast, place lid on dish or pot. Place