Honey Chocolate Cake
I love chocolate cake!
- Cake flour, sifted 2 cups
- Baking soda 1- 1/2 tsp.
- Salt 1/2 tsp.
- Butter 1/2 cup
- Honey (one pound, if you drain the jar well) 1- 1/4 cups
- Eggs 2 each
- Unsweetened chocolate squares, melted 3 each
- Water 2/3 cup
- Vanilla 1 tsp.
- Sift flour. Add soda and salt to flour and sift again. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter. Add honey gradually to butter, by tablespoons at first, beating after each addition to keep mixture thick.
- Add 1/4 of the flour mixture to the butter/honey mixture and beat until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Add chocolate and blend well.
- Add remaining flour mixture in thirds, alternately with water, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Spread in two greased 9 inch round cake pans. Bake in 350 degree oven about 35 minutes.
- Spread with a cream cheese frosting, or the frosting of your choice.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/