Chocolate Pound Cake
I like pound cake, make it chocolate, wow!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 each eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- 2. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa and set aside.
- 3. Using an electric mixer, cream together butter, shortening, and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition. Add flour and buttermilk alternately to butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Add vanilla and mix well.
- 4. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 1 3/4 hours, or until cake is done. Remove from oven and allow cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto cake plate and serve.
- Can be iced with a thin chocolate glaze.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/