CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM ICING
Let's ice some cupcakes! Makes enough for one 2-layer 9-inch cake or 2 dozen cupcakes*
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled to lukewarm
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- To melt the chocolate, place in a double boiler over simmering water on low heat for about 5-10 minutes. Stir occasionally until completely smooth and no pieces of chocolate remain. Remove from the heat and let cool for 5-15 minutes, or until lukewarm.
- 2. In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the milk carefully and beat until smooth. Add the melted chocolate and beat well, about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and beat for 3 minutes. Gradually add the sugar and beat on low speed until creamy and of a desired consistency.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/