CELEBRATION CHOCOLATE CAKE
What a chocolate cake!
- 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup dairy sour cream
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease three 9-inch round baking pans. Line bottoms with wax paper; grease and flour paper. Mix cocoa with boiling water in small bowl; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Beat butter and sugar in large bowl until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Gradually add cocoa mixture, beating well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with milk and sour cream to butter mixture, beating until blended. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks; carefully peel off wax paper. Cool completely. Frost as desired.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/