Brown Sugar Pound Cake
Who doesn't like a pound cake and brown sugar to boot!
- Butter, softened 1-1/2 cups
- Brown sugar, light 1 lb
- Granulated sugar 1/2 cup
- Eggs, fresh, separated 5 each
- Flour A.P. 3 cups
- Baking powder 1/2 tsp.
- Milk, fresh 1 cup
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla 1 tsp.
- Pecans, chopped 1 cup
- Cream butter and sugars. Add egg yolks, one at a time. Add flour, baking powder and salt alternately with milk. Beat 2 minutes.
- Beat eggs whites until stiff but not dry. Fold whites into cake mixture with pecans and vanilla.
- Pour into well greased Bundt pan and bake 1-1/2 hours.
- Let cool, 20-25 minutes; before turning out.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/