Brown Sugar Nut Cake
This makes a great breakfast cake or a after dinner cake, or a companies coming cake!
- Brown sugar, light 2 cups
- Eggs 3 each
- Orange juice 3/4 cup
- Vegetable oil 3/4 cup
- Vanilla 2 tbsp
- Apple sauce 1-16 oz can
- Flour, AP 3 cups
- Cinnamon 1-1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda 1-1/2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Topping Ingredients
- Brown sugar, light 1 cup
- Butter, melted 1/2 cup
- Walnuts or pecans, chopped 1 cup
- Combine brown sugar, eggs, orange juice, oil, vanilla and apple sauce, mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients, add to above mixture, mix only until blended.
- Place wax paper on bottom of a 9-1/2 by 13 baking dish or two 9 inch round cake pans. Spread butter over paper sprinkle brown sugar and nuts over butter. Pour batter over brown sugar and butter. Bake at 350°F for 20 - 25 minutes or until center is firm.
- Flip out the cake while still hot, remove paper immediately.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/