Asian Pear Nut Cake
My friend asked me if I had any dessert recipes using Asian Pears. I said no! I got home 2 days later and she had sent 2 Asian pears via my wife. It's recipe creating time. Came out great!!
- Brown sugar, light 1 cups
- Sugar Granulated 1 cup
- Eggs 3 each
- Orange juice 3/4 cup
- Vegetable oil 3/4 cup
- Vanilla 2 tbsp
- Asian Pear, cooked mashed 1- each
- Flour, AP 3 cups
- Cinnamon 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda 1-1/2 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Combine brown sugar, eggs, orange juice, oil, vanilla and mashed Asian pear, mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients, add to above mixture, mix only until blended.
- Brown sugar, light 1 cup
- Butter, melted 1/2 cup
- Walnuts or pecans, chopped 1 cup
- Asian Pears 1 large or 2 medium
- (peeled, sliced lengthwise)
- 3. Place wax paper on bottom of two 9 inch round cake pans. Spread butter over paper sprinkle brown sugar and nuts over butter. Place the sliced pear in a spiral pattern. Pour batter over pear, brown sugar and butter, 3/4 full.. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until center is firm.
- 4. Flip out the cake while still hot, remove paper immediately.
- NOTE ! NOTE! NOTE! This recipe was created from a brown sugar nut cake recipe. I can not change the volume. You may have some (very little) extra batter if you do not have high sided cake pans. Just make a few cup cakes. Don’t over fill the pans. It won’t be pretty!
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/