Aunt Daisy's Meatloaf
This is a version of a meatloaf recipe served in the cafeteria at Manning High School in Manning, SC by Mrs.(Aunt) Daisy for 37 plus years.
- Meatloaf mixture
- Ground beef 1 lb
- Evaporated milk 5 oz,small can
- Onion fresh, very fine dice 1 small
- Bread crumbs, dry 1/2 cup
- Salt 1 tsp.
- Black pepper 1/4 tsp.
- Apple cider vinegar 1/2 cup
- Ketchup 1/2 cup
- Sugar 3 Tbsp.
- Tomato sauce 1-8 oz can
- Cornstarch 1 Tbsp.
- Water 3/4 cup
- Mix the meatloaf mixture together. Form into a loaf, place in a dish 8 X 11 or 9 X 13.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in an non-aluminum pan. bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Pour 2 ladles full of sauce over the raw meatloaf. Keep remaining sauce warm.
- Bake in oven for 4-50 minutes.
- When the meatloaf is done, remove to a large plate, let stand 10 minutes.
- Scrap all the drippings and meat grease into a glass measuring cup. Remove grease and place drippings into remaining sauce, simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Slice meatloaf, return to baking dish. pour desired amount of sauce over meatloaf. Place in the oven for 5-6 minutes.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/