Very moist and tasty, great with a cup of coffee after dinner!
- Eggs 3 ea
- Sugar, granulated 2 cups
- Vegetable Oil 1-1/2 cups
- Flour, A.P. 3 cups
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Salt, 1 tsp
- Cinnamon 1 tsp
- Vanilla extract 2 tsp
- Apples, firm, peeled, diced ½ inch 3 cups ( 2 large)
- Nuts, chopped (pecans, walnuts, etc.) 1 cup
- Preheat oven to 350̊F. Grease and flour a 9" x 13" x 2" sheet pan. Beat eggs, sugar, and oil until fluffy. Combine flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. Add to egg mixture. Mix in vanilla, apples and nuts. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 minutes or until cake tests done. Let cake cool 5 minutes or turn out on serving plate. Ice while still warm.
- Using the Caramel Syrup recipe, while baking the cake prepare the syrup.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/