When I serve this apple crisp at the church, I always have a request for the recipe!
- Apple pie filling 1 can
- Oatmeal, quick cooked, or old fashioned 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar 1/2 cup
- Flour, A.P. 1/2 cup
- Baking powder 1/2 tsp
- Coconut, shredded (optional) 1/4 cup
- Salt Pinch
- Cinnamon 1/4 tsp
- Butter 1/4 cup
- Open and spread in a 8 x 8 in glass dish or 9 inch round cake pan.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together well. Melt butter, add to the mixture, you want the mix to resemble course cornmeal.
- Spread topping over apple filling, bake at 350 °F for 15 -18 minutes or until a light golden brown color.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/