5-Flavor Pound Cake
This is from the Food Network, Gotta give it a try!!
- 1 cup butter, softened, plus more for pan
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut extract
- In a large bowl, beat the butter at medium speed with a mixer until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add to the butter mixture alternately with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition.
- Stir in the extracts and zest. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/