This is a great side dish for most any cooked meat.
- Bell peppers, small diced 1/4 cup
- Vidalia onions, small diced 1/4 cup
- Butter 1 Tbsp.
- Olive oil 1 Tbsp.
- Granulated garlic 1/2 tsp.
- Salt 1/4 tsp.
- Black pepper 1/4 Tsp.
- Parboiled rice 1-1/4 cup
- Water 2-1/2 cup
- Yellow food coloring 2 tsp.
- Melt butter in a medium size sauce pan, add olive oil, bell peppers and onions. Saute until lightly brown.
- Add raw rice, salt, pepper and garlic. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add water and food coloring, stir well. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to a simmer. Let stand covered for 15 minutes.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/