Vegetable Lo Mein
You can add chicken, beef, shrimp, etc.
- Spaghetti Noodles, thin, dry 8 oz
- Kikkoman’s soy sauce 2 Tbsp
- Hoisin Sauce 1 tsp
- Plum sauce 1 tsp
- Green onions, cut 3/4 to 1 inch lengths 1/2 cup
- Carrots, julienne, 1/4 inch x 2 inch 1 cup
- Celery, julienne, 1/4 inch x 2 inch 1 cup
- Broccoli, fresh, small florets 2 cups
- Sesame oil 1 Tbsp
- Vegetable oil 1 Tbsp
- Granulated or minced garlic 1 tsp
- Ground ginger ½ tsp
- Cook noodles, full length, drain cool, set aside.
- Combine Hoisin, plum and soy sauce together mix well, set aside.
- In a hot skillet or wok, add oils, swirl in pan. Add vegetables, saute until al dente (still slightly firm). Add garlic and ginger mix well. Add the noodles; toss with vegetables. Add combined sauce from above; toss until well coated and hot. Do not over cook.
- Options : 8 oz cooked marinated cubed chicken pieces
- 8 oz cooked and seasoned beef for stir-fry
- 8 oz cooked sauteed shrimp
- 8 oz cooked diced pork loin
- Any of these meats may be add with the noodles or served on the side.
- **** Variation: If you do not have the hoisin and/or plum sauce, omit and increase the soy sauce garlic and ginger sightly .
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/