Two Alarm Chili
I’d give you a recipe for “four alarm” but I can’t handle the heat !!
- Ground Beef, 80/20 1 lb
- Sausage, fresh or Italian, ground 1 lb
- Oil, veg or olive 1/4 cup
- Onion, course chopped 1 large
- Jalapeno, pepper, with seeds, fine diced 2 ea
- Chili powder 1/2 cup
- Cumin 1 Tbsp
- Salt 2 tsp
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Tomatoes, diced, canned 1 - 26 oz
- Beans, pinto, canned, drained & rinsed 3 cans
- Water 3 cups
- n a saute pan, saute onions and jalapenos until onions are translucent, set aside.
- In a large sauce pot, brown meats, drain grease. Add chili powder, cumin, salt & pepper, stir well and cook for 2 minutes. Add water, stir well, add tomatoes and onion/pepper mixture, let simmer for 10 minutes. Add beans, adjust water if desired, reduce heat and let simmer for 1-4 hours.
- Note: You can prepare this dish on your gas grill. What I did this time was prepare the chili inside until every thing was in the pot. Then placed the pot on the grill for 2 hour , uncovered, on the slowest setting, grill cover down. Stirring every 30 minutes. Great flavor!!
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/