Texas Style Chili
No beans about this chili!
- 1/2 pounds beef chuck blade steak, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1/4 cup salad oil
- 2 cups chopped onion, divided use
- 3 medium green peppers, diced
- 16 ounces canned tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 ounces tomato paste
- 1/3 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup Monetary jack cheese (for garnish)
- Brown meat in oil in Dutch oven, remove to bowl and set aside.
- Reserve 1/2 cup onions, cover and set aside.
- Add remaining onions, peppers, and garlic to drippings in pan over medium heat. Cook 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Add more oil if necessary.
- Return meat to pan add tomato and their liquid and remaining ingredients, except cheese and onions. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until meat is fork tender, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon chili into large bowl sprinkle cheese on top for garnish. Pass reserved onion to sprinkle over each serving.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/