Texas Buttermilk Coconut Pie with Whipped Cream
Easy to make coconut pie. Shared from Facebook
- 1 unbaked nine-inch pie shell
- ½ stick melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sweetened, shredded coconut, plus ½ cup of toasted coconut for garnish
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups whipped cream
- Mix butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, coconut and buttermilk, and pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- In a dry frying pan set at low heat, toast the coconut until it is golden brown.
- Garnish pie with whipped cream, and sprinkle with toasted coconut.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/