German Chocolate Pie
A rich chocolate pie, with coconut & pecans
- Un-baked pie shells (deep dish) 2 each
- Granulated sugar 3 cups
- Pinch of salt
- Cocoa, powder 1 cup
- Vanilla 1/2 tsp
- Eggs, fresh 4 each
- Evaporated milk (12-13 ounce can) 1 can
- Butter, real, melted 1/2 cup
- Coconut 2 cup
- Pecans, pieces 1 cup
- Combine the above ingredients, mix well.
- Place 1/2 cup coconut and pecans into each pie shell, spread evenly.
- Fill pie shell with filling, lightly stir coconut/pecan to spread.
- Note: Coconut and pecans will float to the top during cooking.
- Preheat oven to 325 F
- Bake for 40 minutes, or till firm in center.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/