Smokey Honey-Peppercorn Glaze for Poultry
From the SOUTHEAST TEXAS HONEY CO. Great chicken, give it at try!!!!
- Honey 1/3 cup
- Ketchup 1 Tbsp
- Coarsely ground black pepper 1/2 tsp
- Liquid smoke 1/4 tsp
- Crushed red pepper flakes 1/8 tsp
- Salt 1/8 tsp
- Whole chicken or small turkey 1 each (3-5 lbs)
- (rinsed and dried)
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients except chicken until well blended.
- Place chicken in roasting pan; brush with glaze. Roast at 350F, brushing with additional glaze every 15 minutes until the chicken is deep-golden brown and chicken juices are clear (1-1/4 hours to 1-1/2 hours on average)
- Let stand for 15 minutes before carving.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/