Simmered Pork Tenderloin & Grits
The natural flavors of the pork just makes these grits great.
- Onions, diced 1 medium
- Whole pork tenderloin, trimmed Average 1-1/4 lbs 1 each
- Salt & pepper 1 tsp each.
- Oil 1/4 cup
- Water 3 cups
- Chicken base 1 tbsp
- Grits, regular or quick 3/4 cup
- In a large skillet (with available lid), over medium high heat add ½ of oil. Saute onions, uncovered until golden brown., remove onions from pan. Add remaining oil, sear pork loin (that have been rubbed with salt & pepper) on all sides. Remove loin, add water, chicken base (watch it, it may pop a little), scrap the bottom of the pan to release the natural flavorings. Return loin and onions to pan, cover, reduce heat to medium, cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove loin, slice 1/4 inch slices. Bring the broth to a boil, stir in grits. Place sliced loin (as if one piece) in center of grits, cover reduce to a simmer and cook 5 minutes for quick grits and 15 minutes for regular.
- Serve loin & grits in skillet.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/