Shrimp and Snow Pea Stir-Fry
Serve over Lo Mien noodles or white rice!!
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 cups diagonally sliced celery
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger root, grated *
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 cups Chinese pea pods, thawed **
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (up to 3)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 12 ounces Alaska pink shrimp (about 2-1/2 cups), thawed if necessary
- Hot cooked rice (optional)
- Heat garlic in oil in large skillet or wok 1 minute; remove garlic. Add celery, onion and ginger; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add pea pods and mushrooms; cook and stir 1 minutes.
- Combine water, soy sauce,lemon juice and cornstarch; add with shrimp to vegetable mixture. Cook and stir until sauce boils and thickens. Salt to taste. Serve over hot rice.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/