Shrimp & Grits
This is a popular dish in Coastal South Carolina and Georgia!
- Shrimp, small, thawed, raw 8 oz
- Butter 2 tbsp
- Ham, cooked, lean or Canadian Bacon, small dice 4 oz
- Onions, finely diced 1/2 cup
- Salt, pepper, granulated garlic 1/4 tsp each
- Granulated garlic, sweet basil, dry 1/2 tsp each
- Grits,quick 3/4 cup
- Water, boiling 3 cups
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Pepper 1/2 tsp
- Cheese, shredded, sharp cheddar 1 cup (optional)
- In a 2 quart pan, melt butter, saute diced ham and onions, add spices to melted butter, saute shrimp until done. ( do not over cook shrimp)
- Remove shrimp; add water to pan, bring to a boil, add seasonings and grits, stir constantly until well dissolved., reduce heat, cover, stir occasionally until thick, 4 – 5 minutes. Add cooked shrimp and cheese to grits, stir well. Cover to allow cheese to melt.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/