Seven Layer Salad
Taking the popular 7 layer salad and putting it in a cake pan. Much easier to serve and still looks great!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped purple onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped, fresh mushrooms
- 12 oz. package frozen peas, thawed
- 2 cups real mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons sugar or honey
- 1/4 lb. grated cheddar cheese (I like extra sharp)
- 1 lb. lower-sodium bacon, fried, cooled and crumbled
- Remove core from head of lettuce. Cut head into quarters. Carefully separate the lettuce layers.
- Put half of them in the bottom of a 9 x 13, glass cake pan.
- Top with half of the onion, half of the celery, half of the green pepper, half of the mushrooms, and half of the frozen (thawed) peas.
- Combine the mayo with the sugar. Spread half of the mayo mixture over the salad. Top with half of the cheese and half of the bacon. Repeat with another salad layer, starting with lettuce and ending with bacon. <