Raspberry Lemon Streusel Muffins
I love me some raspberries!
- STREUSEL TOPPING
- 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups whole frozen raspberries (about 6 oz), do not thaw
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 400º. Stir all streusel ingredients together to form soft, crumbly dough. Set aside.
- Whisk dry muffin ingredients and lemon peel together. In a separate bowl, combine all liquid ingredients. Add in dry ingredients and stir until almost fully incorporated. Toss frozen raspberries with flour to coat, then gently fold into dough, handling only enough to incorporate berries. Using paper muffin cup liners, fill each cup until 1/4" from top. Crumble streusel topping over each.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350º and bake for another 10 minutes, or until lightly browned and muffin springs back when pressed lightly with fingertip.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/