Prime Rib Au Jus
The best of the best ! The cream of the crop ! There’s no better beef dish than the proclaimed Prime rib.!
- Beef Rib Roast 1 each (6 to 8 lbs)
- (Chine (back) bone removed)
- Beef broth 1 can (14 to 16 oz)
- Thyme fresh, chopped 2 tsp
- Pepper seasoning blend 2 Tbsp
- Minced garlic 2 Tbsp
- Heat oven to 350°. Combine rub ingredients: reserve 2 tbsp. Press remaining rub onto beef roast.
- Place roast, fat side up, in shallow roasting pan. Insert oven proof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat or touching bone. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 350° 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours for medium rare; 2-3/4 to 3 hours for medium doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135° for medium rare; 150° for medium. Let stand 15 minutes. (Temperature will rise to 145° for medium rare; 160° for medium)
- Combine broth and reserved rub in small saucepan; simmer 5 minutes. Add thyme; simmer 2 minutes. Carve roast; season with salt. Serve with seasoned broth.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/