Pork Chops with Caramelized Onions and Pepper
I'll take mine with caramelized onions!
- 2 boneless pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
- Olive oil
- Garlic pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 7-ounce jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Heat a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Brush chops lightly with oil and generously sprinkle both sides of chops with garlic pepper. Cook chops for 5-6 minutes, turning occasionally, until evenly browned on both sides. Remove chops to a serving platter; keep warm.
- Add onion, sugar and garlic to skillet. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until onion is lightly browned. Stir in roasted peppers and vinegar; heat through. Serve onion mixture over chops.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/