Pork Chop & Scalloped potatoe
This is home cooking at it's best!!!!
- 4 each Pork chops, 4-5 oz each
- Salt & pepper (as needed)
- 2 Tbsp. onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup extra sharp cheddar, shredded
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 4 each potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt & pepper, brown in skillet on both sides, about 5 minutes. ( the chops do not have to be completely cooked, They will finish cooking in the casserole.)
- In the same saucepan, sauté the onions in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper. Gradually add in the milk. Bring to a boil over a medium heat them remove. Add in the cheese, stir until melted. Add in the parsley. Place the potatoes in a greased
- 2-quart baking dish. Top with half the sauce. Arrange the pork chops over the sauce.
- Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for 1-1/2
- hours or until potatoes are tender. Uncover and bake 10 minutes more.
- Option: 3 slices of diced bacon can be added to this recipe. In step 2, remove onions from pan, cook bacon until crispy. Place onions back in the sauce pan and continue with the recipe.
- I make this in a iron skillet, does a great job and looks good on the table!
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/