Picadillo (Cuba Hash)
This recipe has a great flavor and is easy to prepare.
- Lean ground beef 1 lb
- Russet potatoes, peeled and diced, 1/2 inch 2 large
- Yellow onions, diced fine 1/2 cup
- Green bell peppers, diced fine 1/2 cup
- Fresh garlic, minced fine 1 Tbsp
- Olive oil 1 Tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Ground cumin 1 tsp
- Tomatoes, cored, peepled, cut 1/2 inch pieces 2 large
- Heat a large skillet, when hot, add olive oil. add ground beef, crumbling as you put into the skillet.
- When lightly browned, add onions, bell pepper, garlic, and all the spices. Add potatoes, cover, reduce heat to medium low and cook for 40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add tomatoes, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat, put into a bowl, serve over white rice or in a tortilla.
From The Chef To You http://fromthecheftoyou.com/